Friday, August 29, 2014

What are your expectations for tomorrow's Kent State-Ohio University season opener?

The “54” stickers are being applied to every Kent State football helmet as I write this.

I also just read the Kent State Football Blog by head coach Paul Haynes where he talks about his team’s attitude and working hard to move on through the heartache that was delivered last week. These players need a big, supportive crowd on Saturday more than ever. 

The game with Ohio University is an interesting matchup. It will be fun simply for the fact that it is a rare opener with a MAC East rival that doesn’t come around very often. I’ll never forget the atmosphere on opening night in Akron on Aug. 28, 2003 when the Joshua Cribbs-led Flashes escaped with a 41-38 win after a great punt return by Jon Drager led to a Travis Mayle field goal in the closing seconds.

Anything close to that environment tomorrow night will mean an electric setting in Dix Stadium. 

I’ll be blogging live from the press box during the game, and I’ll be fielding your questions and comments right here on the blog. 

In the meantime, what do you expect tomorrow night? 

I want to hear your predictions. 

Who is going to win, and how will it all go down?







6 comments:

  1. 24 - 13 Flashes. Casey Pierce game MVP with 2 TDs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremy, that wouldn't surprise me one bit. Casey Pierce has a big year ahead of him.

      Delete
  2. 24-14 KSU Meray has the biggest game of his career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are right Michael. He had a great camp! Are you coming in?

      Delete
    2. Yes sir. My wife and I got here Thursday morning and watched practice. I can hardly sit still waiting for today's kick off! It is going to be a great game.

      GO FLASHES!

      Delete
    3. Fantastic! Hope you have a great day!

      Delete